:::: MENU ::::
  • 3:03 PM
With his new album back on the drawing board. Soulja Corleone has released 4 unfinished tracks that was originally for the album. What is incredible about these tracks are. That they are full of content in a short amount of time.

And, to decode that content only one person can answer what its about. That one person is Soulja Corleone. So, to enlighten the people of what the music is about. Soulja spoke in great detail about what each song means to him, and what inspired him to write the songs.



Beginning with "Came Alive" song which is produced by Nate Rhoads. Soulja speaks on it by saying "I wrote this song back in December of 2013, a day after Christmas. And, what really inspired me to write the song is on Christmas day. I got word that a family member had passed away. I was hurt by the news. But, I wasn't angry about it. More or less. I had an epiphany behind it. I realized the only time people value life is when someone close to them passes away. We come alive because someone died. When writing the song, I didn't want to broadly say that. For the reason with all my music. I want people to make their own vision from my words. So, I spoke on it as telling someone you should value everything in your life. Your family, your friends. your purpose for life. Because nothing is forever in our life. We have it for a limited time, and then its gone. And, we don't realize what we have until its gone. That is when everything changes for us as individuals. Our feelings change, our outlook on things change. All because we never embrace the idea of the things we have in life, the people we have will someday die, and leave us. And, we should live more because someday we will die to."

Now lets get some insight on "Something Is Wrong With Me" song. Soulja speaks on that by saying "I was going through something before writing this song. A lot had changed in my lifes, and I truly didn't know how to handle it all. I was going through a small stage of depression. And, I have those periods in my life. But, I usually get over it by venting in the music. This was one of those songs where I'm speaking on how my trust in people is very low. I feel as no one can protect me, but myself. And, my outlook upon myself is very dark, and grim. So, basically I'm going through the stages that I am experiencing my life in the song. And, I'm telling people who are on the outside looking in on me that something is wrong with me. But, going through mental therapy won't help me cause my view of a psychiatrist is a person with problems also. This song really has no resolve in it. But, in retrospect. Just speaking about it on the song helped me get over my problems."

Onto "World Gone Crazy" song. Soulja speaks on this song by saying "The way I wrote this song is from my perspective of the world at the moment I'm writing the song. Its kind of the reason I start the song off with "Mama told me watch the days get shorter, but somehow watch the nights get longer, those who been eating for so long will start dying from the hunger" And, that goes hand in hand with words in the bible that the time we have on earth is starting to wind up, and how the first shall be last. I felt that was a great way to start the verse. Then, I follow that up with talking about government surveillance on the public, and how people put everything on Facebook. How friends will betray friends, how guys playing girls can be turned around. And, its not like I'm making it up. This is what happens in the world we live in. People being killed over petty things. Its kind of like the world is at war within itself. And, people is looking for verification of themselves from others through social media. Whats funny about it the whole verse is that this is written in the bible. Just in biblical terms, and I took those words from the bible. And, put it in everyday language so that it could be understood better. I find that people don't realize who crazy the world is that we live in. So, I put it directly in their face."

The last one is "Always" song. And, Soulja says "All my music is written from my perspective. So, I wanted to write a song from another person's perspective of me. Doing that I find that I will be always looked at as the same person to some people. And, my growth as a young man will never change their outlook of me. Cause someone people still remember me as the little dude who used to freestyle at recess back in school. That's all some people talk about when they see me. And, to some people I will always be the nonathletic kid with two left feet. The one that can't run super fast, always falling down. But, what I really loved about this verse is when I speak of my older brother. Being the little brother who looked up to him as a smaller child. Watching him doing what I do now, and saying I wanted to be just like him when I grew up. Overall the entire song is as I said before. I will always be the same person to some people no matter how I change."

That is some deep insight into the music that Soulja Corleone has released. Soulja did say this before ending the interview. He says "Despite how I came up with the songs. I always want people to take their own idea from my music. I speak on my situations, my feelings in the music. Cause I know there is someone going through the same thing that I went through. And, I want them to know that they aren't alone in that struggle. That someone else has gone through it too. And, I always hope that my words can enlighten them through their struggle as someone else words has helped me through mines. I'm not afraid to show my feelings, but they might be. I put my feelings out in the open, I leave myself vulnerable. But, whats great about it is... that I'm stronger cause I am vulnerable. People can't use how I feel as ammo to hurt me. Cause I use the feelings as a shield to protect me. I put it out there already. There isn't much a person can do with how I feel. After I already made a mockery of them."

Let's see what Soulja comes up with the second time around on his new project.
A call-to-action text Contact Soulja Corleone