:::: MENU ::::
  • 6:17 PM
Today, Soulja dropped the 3rd single to say from his newly released "Music. Pain." album. Soulja updated his facebook, and said that this track was suppose to be released on Mother's Day. But, it got pushed back from releasing on that day. Although late Soulja touches on a subject that most urban black males deal with. Of growing up in a single parent home, and brings along Cash to tell his story. The relate facts on this track is deep, and reaches out to many.

Soulja spoke shortly on the track. He says "I wanted a little bit of everything on the album, and for a long time I been wanting to make a song just for my mother. She is the main driving force behind the person the world knows as Soulja Corleone. So, it was like something I had to do with a project that meant so much to me."

He continues by saying "The track really came to life when I was looking through my moms old records that she gave me. And, I came across the Mack soundtrack. I skipped through some songs, and heard "Mother's Theme" on the record. And, it spoke volumes to my ears. By that night, I had purchased a digital copy of the album, loaded up the sample, and went to town on the beat. Wrote my verse while making the beat. And, recorded that night. The next day I played my verse for my mother, she felt strong by what I was saying, and agreed to everything. I know that she felt as I felt about the song. It brought joy to me to know that my words can touch my mother."

If you have not checked out the song, there is a video below. If you hadn't purchases "Music.Pain." the link is also below.


A call-to-action text Contact Soulja Corleone